Goalie Ambassador & Program
The role of the goalie ambassador is to be the voice of SMHA goalies and parents in communication with the association board and development group. The goalie ambassador will work closely with the development group in the development of goalies across all age groups. With guidance from the development group and coaching staff, the ambassador will make recommendations in support of the creation of a future development plan for SMHA goalies. The ambassador will liaise with SMHA board and development group to plan additional on ice sessions, if available. The ambassador will offer on-ice assistance, subject to availability.
- Act as contact person for communication between parents & coaches/goalie coaches, i.e. The Goalie Group, Jay Kennedy
- Advocate for ice time for extra goalie development
- Be a part of goaltender development by offering coaching assistance or recommendations
- Be present during on-ice goalie camps to assist and work with contracted goalie coaches
- Work with SMHA team coaches on basic goalie training education. For example, provide basic fundamentals and intro-coaching suggestions for coaches to work on/watch for in their team practices.
- Organizing and maintaining of association owned goalie equipment
- Work with SMHA on maintenance schedule and sizing for all association supplied goalie equipment
- Ensure all SMHA goalies are having fun and feeling supported by coaches and teammates and that there is no bullying
- Develop and foster a positive and encouraging culture towards goalies within the association, in hopes of increasing interest in the position amongst all early age groups
- Offer support to age group coaches as required
- Advocate for resources towards additional training and development for coaches related to goaltending