2020-2021 Returning Player Registration Information
Registration for returning players only will start at 1:00PM on 1 MAY 2020.
Registration for new players will start on 1 JULY 2020 (see New Player Registration page.)
Things to know:
- In theory, if you registered online last year, the registration form should remember your child(ren)'s HOCKEY CANADA REGISTRATION NUMBER (HCR). You will need this for registration. If for any reason if does not show up during registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Keep in mind, you may still have an email from last year with this number enclosed.
- This year HOCKEY CANADA has renamed the divisions that we use. Here is the run down with the new name, old name, birth years and current season fees:
U7 (H2) Birth year 2014 - $500
U8 (H3) Birth year 2013 - $525
U9 (H4) Birth year 2012 - $525
U11 (ATOM) Birth years 2010-2011 - $600
U13 (PEEWEE) Birth years 2008-2009 - $650
U15 (BANTAM) Birth years 2006-2007 - $825
U18 (MIDGET) Birth years 2003-2005 - $875
- For U11, U13 divisions there will be four options at check-out:
- regular season signup - this is for players wishing to play C level (house) hockey
- regular season signup + REP Tryout fee - this is for players wishing to tryout for A level (REP) hockey. Please note should your child make the A level team(s) a separate invoice will be sent with additional season REP fees.
- regular season signup + GOALIE fee - CHOOSE THIS ONLY IF YOUR CHILD IS COMMITTED TO PLAYING GOALIE FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
- regular season signup + GOALIE fee + REP Tryout fee - CHOOSE THIS ONLY IF YOUR CHILD IS COMMITTED TO PLAYING GOALIE FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
- $100 REP Tryout fee for U11 / U13 is due on 31 August 2020. Children will not be allowed to tryout until fee is paid.
- U11 / U13 REP fees are $300 per player. These fees will be due 30 Oct 2020. A REP player will not be rostered if REP fees are outstanding after 31 October 2020.
- The REP option for U15 and U18 is to select the tick box within registration that reads "U15 / U18 BC HOCKEY ZONE INTEREST." Assuming these teams go ahead as planned and you child makes one of the teams you will be refunded your deposit (please select INSTALMENT option for payment.) If your child does not make a BC HOZKEY ZONE team they are guaranteed a spot within SMHA.
- Registering on or after 1 August 2020 will incur a $100 late fee.
- During the payment portion of check-out you will have the option to either;
- (a) pay in full for the entire season
- (b) pay via instalments, in which you pay using your credit card a $25 (for one child) fee at check out and then the rest of your child's/children's fees will be split over four payments which will be billed on 1 September 2020, 1 October 2020, 1 November 2020, and the final payment on 15 January 2021.
- (c) offline payment - The only method of offline payments accepted are e-transfers.
We highly recommend that all parents take the time to complete the Respect In Sport program.
Prior to Aug 31 - Full Refund less $25 admin fee
Sep 1 - Sep 30 - 75% Refund less $25 admin fee (unless due to injury)
Oct 1 - Oct 31 - 50% Refund less $25 admin fee (unless due to injury)
Nov 1 - No Refund (unless due to injury)
No Refund at any time for suspension or discipline.
If season is shortened due to COVID-19 the fees paid will be adjusted and refunded accordingly.