Online Registration Open on June 1 2021 for the 2021-2022 Season, Returning Players Only. Registration for NEW Players will start on July 1 2021.
Welcome to Squamish Minor Hockey Association. If you are new to hockey and have never played before please complete the PCAHA Player Registration Form. You can do this by following the PCAHA FORMS link below. This can be completed and returned to the Registrar Kelly Miller with a copy of the player's birth certificate by email to email@example.com. If your son or daughter was not born in Canada, please contact the Registrar for additional information required.
If you are new to Squamish Minor Hockey and have played for another hockey association/winter club
Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association - PCAHA FORMS: http://pcaha.bc.ca/
DIVISIONS AND REGISTRATION FEES
This year HOCKEY CANADA has renamed the divisions that we use. Here is the run down with the new name, old name, birth years and current season fees:
U6 (H1) Birth year 2016 - Three 8 week sessions. Dates per session to be post in the fall. Each 8 week session is $125
U7 (H2) Birth year 2015 - $500
U8 (H3) Birth year 2014 - $525
U9 (H4) Birth year 2013 - $525
U11 (ATOM) Birth years 2011-2012 - $600
U13 (PEEWEE) Birth years 2009-2010 - $650
U15 (BANTAM) Birth years 2007-2008 - $825
U18 (MIDGET) Birth years 2004-2006 - $875
- For U11, U13 divisions there will be four options at check-out:
- regular season signup - this is for players wishing to play C level (house) hockey
- regular season signup + REP Tryout fee - this is for players wishing to tryout for A level (REP) hockey. Please note should your child make the A level team(s) a separate invoice will be sent with additional season REP fees.
- regular season signup + GOALIE fee - CHOOSE THIS ONLY IF YOUR CHILD IS COMMITTED TO PLAYING GOALIE FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
- regular season signup + GOALIE fee + REP Tryout fee - CHOOSE THIS ONLY IF YOUR CHILD IS COMMITTED TO PLAYING GOALIE FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
- $100 REP Tryout fee for U11 / U13 is due by 31 August 2021. Children will not be allowed to tryout until fee is paid.
- U11 / U13 REP fees are $300 per player. These fees will be due by 30 Oct 2020. A REP player will not be rostered if REP fees are outstanding after 31 October 2021.
- Returning players registering on or after 1 August 2020 will incur a $100 late fee.
- Returning players are guaranteed a spot if they register between June 1-30, however, may be placed on a wait list if registering after June 30.
We highly recommend that all parents take the time to complete the Respect In Sport program.
* Rep tryout fee - $100 fee for rep tryouts is charged in addition to registration for anyone wishing to tryout. This fee is non-refundable after the first tryout.
Registration Fees include:
Insurance - Hockey Canada operates a self funded insurance that all players are required to pay into.
BC Hockey and PCAHA fees - These mandatory fees are charged to each Association to cover the costs of the administration of programs.
Referees - These costs are set by division by PCAHA annually.
You can register with Hockey Canada by clicking the link below:
Via the registration link SMHA only accepts payments by credit card
*Please note that cash and cheques are not accepted.
*A LATE FEE of $100 will be added to registration after 1 AUGUST 2021.
*Registration fees MUST be paid by no later than August 15, 2021. Registration is not confirmed until fees (and any outstanding fees) are received by SMHA and paid in full before player can participate in any rep tryout or practice.
Please register as soon as possible....Registrations received after this date are subject to spots available.
If you require financial assistance, you may apply to the organizations listed below for assistance. You must notify the Registrar and provide confirmation that application has been submitted.
Kidsport Squamish - www.kidsportcanada.ca/
Canadian Tire - Jumpstart Program - http://jumpstart.
Tax receipts: follow the registration link below and print out your receipt from last year's registration
Prior to Aug 31 - Full Refund less $25 admin fee
Sep 1 - Sep 30 - 75% Refund less $25 admin fee (unless due to injury)
Oct 1 - Oct 31 - 50% Refund less $25 admin fee (unless due to injury)
Nov 1 - No Refund (unless due to injury)
No Refund at any time for suspension or discipline.
If season is shortened due to COVID-19 the fees paid will be adjusted and refunded accordingly.